Monday, 28 April 2008

Editing; Ice Mountain, Star FM.

Our second Edit was the Ice Mountain. Kim filmed the footage a few weeks before hand for us. Thanks Kim!
I felt a little more confident this time, although I am still not that happy with the result. I think it starts of quite well, but I felt I needed a lot more time and was rushing to finish in the allotted time. This is because of my inexperience, it really slows me down I feel. But the more I edit the faster I will become and the better, I hope. i was trying to make the peace fun and informative as well as make it feel as though a radio station would have it on their website, which is why I added the music. I composed the track using Sound Track Pro which is so wonderful to use and really simple to add to the edit. The music is too loud though and again I didn't have enough time to really finish the track, so it doesn't really go anywhere, which is a shame. But again, the more I use Sound Track Pro the better I will become, in theory!
So over all, I was mostly pleased with the edit, although I can see its faults. But I think I had a sense of direction, certainly at the beginning and although it got a bit lost towards the end and the sped up section is a bit too fast, I think it flowed quite well. So when it is graded I hope they mark it on the first half!!

1 comment:

Kim Brooke said...

A good description of your editing process and good to see another video.