Last Minute Panic
The week before the event and panic has set in somewhat.
The posters are not only not ready, but upon a visit to the graphics department by Keely and I it is discovered that they had no idea we needed posters and had only a short outline found on their desk with no follow up and little information.
So we pursuaded the two graphics teachers Sue and Nick to come to our rescue. The students we had hoped would be working on the posters were busy with their own final work, so they agreed to help us out and design some posters for us themselves! They were wonderful and said they would do their best, Keely took over the coordination of this and apart from a panic about paper stock all was well.
We had to come up with the job roles and descriptions for them right away, and we sources thi from the internet and add our own pictures as a guide.
Producer
A film producer is someone who creates the conditions for making movies. The producer initiates, co-ordinates, supervises and controls matters such as fund-raising, hiring key personnel and arranging for distributors. The producer is involved throughout all phases of the film-making process from development to completion of a project.


Cinematographer
In charge of camera and lighting crews working on film. Responsible for all artistic and technical decisions relating to the image. Along with director has final say on framing and lighting shots. Most cinematographers have distinct visual styles and recognisable looks to all their films
Director
A film director, or filmmaker, is a person who directs the making of a film. A film director visualizes the script, controlling a film's artistic and dramatic aspects, while guiding the technical crew and actors in the fulfillment of his or her vision.

After this was solved I coordinated the arrangement for the banners. We had been unsure if our money would appear from the council, but Kim found out we would get £750 so we could afford the banners! I contacted Adam Moody and Far'n'Beyond printing and they assured me they could have our banners arranged and printed and delivered by Friday!!
I had heard back from Esther May Campbell, who was flattered to be asked to speak but was under a fierce writing deadline and couldn't attend. she suggested I contact Geoffrey Taylor of Wide Eyed Films, a local filmmaker. I had actually been in contact with him earlier in the year about working on our TV pilot so I was familliar with him. I wrote to him and he agreed at once and was quite excited about it. Unfortunately Kim had already arranged for another factual programming producer to speak instead so I had to cancel him.
The flyers have been printed and sent off to the schools.
The posters arranged
The caretakers have promised to have all the chairs and tables arranged properly by Tuesday morning and the catering is booked.
We have four speakers, Laura Abrahams, our last minute, an independant TV producer has agreed to be our fourth.
We have all the necessary stationary and forms and questionnaires printed.
The films are ready for the imacs, the running order arranged.
I think we have remembered everything!!
See you Tuesday!
link:www//httpyourmediayourfuture.co.uk
The posters are not only not ready, but upon a visit to the graphics department by Keely and I it is discovered that they had no idea we needed posters and had only a short outline found on their desk with no follow up and little information.
So we pursuaded the two graphics teachers Sue and Nick to come to our rescue. The students we had hoped would be working on the posters were busy with their own final work, so they agreed to help us out and design some posters for us themselves! They were wonderful and said they would do their best, Keely took over the coordination of this and apart from a panic about paper stock all was well.
We had to come up with the job roles and descriptions for them right away, and we sources thi from the internet and add our own pictures as a guide.
Producer
A film producer is someone who creates the conditions for making movies. The producer initiates, co-ordinates, supervises and controls matters such as fund-raising, hiring key personnel and arranging for distributors. The producer is involved throughout all phases of the film-making process from development to completion of a project.
Cinematographer
In charge of camera and lighting crews working on film. Responsible for all artistic and technical decisions relating to the image. Along with director has final say on framing and lighting shots. Most cinematographers have distinct visual styles and recognisable looks to all their films
Director
A film director, or filmmaker, is a person who directs the making of a film. A film director visualizes the script, controlling a film's artistic and dramatic aspects, while guiding the technical crew and actors in the fulfillment of his or her vision.
After this was solved I coordinated the arrangement for the banners. We had been unsure if our money would appear from the council, but Kim found out we would get £750 so we could afford the banners! I contacted Adam Moody and Far'n'Beyond printing and they assured me they could have our banners arranged and printed and delivered by Friday!!
I had heard back from Esther May Campbell, who was flattered to be asked to speak but was under a fierce writing deadline and couldn't attend. she suggested I contact Geoffrey Taylor of Wide Eyed Films, a local filmmaker. I had actually been in contact with him earlier in the year about working on our TV pilot so I was familliar with him. I wrote to him and he agreed at once and was quite excited about it. Unfortunately Kim had already arranged for another factual programming producer to speak instead so I had to cancel him.
The flyers have been printed and sent off to the schools.
The posters arranged
The caretakers have promised to have all the chairs and tables arranged properly by Tuesday morning and the catering is booked.
We have four speakers, Laura Abrahams, our last minute, an independant TV producer has agreed to be our fourth.
We have all the necessary stationary and forms and questionnaires printed.
The films are ready for the imacs, the running order arranged.
I think we have remembered everything!!
See you Tuesday!
link:www//httpyourmediayourfuture.co.uk
No comments:
Post a Comment