Your Media Your Future!
Finally, the day has come and gone!!
I think it went really well in the end, very smoothly and there were no huge mess ups, which was a relief.
I was the host, which I was a bit nervous about really, mostly because I would be speaking in front of professional TV producers and I didn't want to look a complete twit. Hopefully, I didn't!
Everyone did exactly what they were supposed to do, even Adam!
Tom had camera 2, the roaming camera and filmed everyone constantly, lots of strange close ups of cups of tea being stirred etc. Kim was on Camera 1, which was stationary and also ran the live feed to the TV screen in the lobby. Kate manned the reception with Alecia, and Keely ran between the IT crew and me. Adam was the photographer for the day.
Everyone started arriving early and on time which was a shock, but we were ready for them.
I greeted the speakers as they arrived and escorted them to the cafeteria for their complementary breakfast, they all seemed to be pleased with that and settle down at a table to get to know each other. I was in contact with Keely via text and stayed with them until it was time to start the event. I had put together a short bio of each of the speakers by way of introduction and had consulted with them as too their running order.
After welcoming the audience and explaining the schedule briefly and the questionnaire and prize I introduced Valerie as our first speaker and let her have the floor.
We ran Valerie's show reel for her on the big smart screen and she talked through her career and
experiences in the TV business. She also took some questions form the audience and I asked her a couple of the questions we had previously collected from the students.
We then had Cormac speak. As he is in Radio it was a nice change of pace and her ran his audio reel and explained his role at Heart radio as New Editor. He also gave a breakdown of his career path and took questions from me and the audience.
We then took a 25 minute break for tea and cookies and to give the audience a chance to complete the quizzionnaire and us a chance to collect and mark them.
After the break we came back with Jason Holmes, a popular speaker due to his involvement with the Extreme Fishing show. Jason showed us some excerpts from Coast, a show he worked on last year and then talked about his route into the business. He took questions, mostly about Extreme Fishing, and was very interesting!
Last but by no means least was Laura Abrahams. Laura's career has been spent in the UK and in Australia working on, among others, I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here. She was interesting and thorough, and her reel was fun and aimed at the younger media crowd, which was a nice touch. After Laura took questions and spoke at length about her experiences I wound up the event.
I announced the winners of the quiz and people were very happy with their experience, from the information they were kind enough to fill in on the quiz for us. After we had personally thanked the speakers and the additional crew we utilized, Rob and Kim, we tidied up the space and removed all the posters form the hallways for use at the Volksfest. We were exhausted and had a celebration lunch with Laura and Valerie in the cafeteria.
Please enjoy a selection of pictures of the event!
link:www//httpyourmediayourfuture.co.uk
Finally, the day has come and gone!!
I think it went really well in the end, very smoothly and there were no huge mess ups, which was a relief.
I was the host, which I was a bit nervous about really, mostly because I would be speaking in front of professional TV producers and I didn't want to look a complete twit. Hopefully, I didn't!
Everyone did exactly what they were supposed to do, even Adam!
Tom had camera 2, the roaming camera and filmed everyone constantly, lots of strange close ups of cups of tea being stirred etc. Kim was on Camera 1, which was stationary and also ran the live feed to the TV screen in the lobby. Kate manned the reception with Alecia, and Keely ran between the IT crew and me. Adam was the photographer for the day.
Everyone started arriving early and on time which was a shock, but we were ready for them.
I greeted the speakers as they arrived and escorted them to the cafeteria for their complementary breakfast, they all seemed to be pleased with that and settle down at a table to get to know each other. I was in contact with Keely via text and stayed with them until it was time to start the event. I had put together a short bio of each of the speakers by way of introduction and had consulted with them as too their running order.
After welcoming the audience and explaining the schedule briefly and the questionnaire and prize I introduced Valerie as our first speaker and let her have the floor.
We ran Valerie's show reel for her on the big smart screen and she talked through her career and
experiences in the TV business. She also took some questions form the audience and I asked her a couple of the questions we had previously collected from the students.
We then had Cormac speak. As he is in Radio it was a nice change of pace and her ran his audio reel and explained his role at Heart radio as New Editor. He also gave a breakdown of his career path and took questions from me and the audience.
We then took a 25 minute break for tea and cookies and to give the audience a chance to complete the quizzionnaire and us a chance to collect and mark them.
After the break we came back with Jason Holmes, a popular speaker due to his involvement with the Extreme Fishing show. Jason showed us some excerpts from Coast, a show he worked on last year and then talked about his route into the business. He took questions, mostly about Extreme Fishing, and was very interesting!
Last but by no means least was Laura Abrahams. Laura's career has been spent in the UK and in Australia working on, among others, I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here. She was interesting and thorough, and her reel was fun and aimed at the younger media crowd, which was a nice touch. After Laura took questions and spoke at length about her experiences I wound up the event.
I announced the winners of the quiz and people were very happy with their experience, from the information they were kind enough to fill in on the quiz for us. After we had personally thanked the speakers and the additional crew we utilized, Rob and Kim, we tidied up the space and removed all the posters form the hallways for use at the Volksfest. We were exhausted and had a celebration lunch with Laura and Valerie in the cafeteria.
Please enjoy a selection of pictures of the event!
link:www//httpyourmediayourfuture.co.uk
1 comment:
11 x photos, no links, good description.
Post a Comment