Thursday, 12 March 2009

Work Experience

Week at Endemol
























Day 2 Schedule

09.00 - 17.00

(Audience Tea
m)
Assist with checking in/briefing/chaperoning. Also assist with admin, booking in quests etc.

I spent all day with the audience team. They are in charge of organising the audience. this cov
ers everything, checking them in, asking them if they have anything that needs to be left in the security box during shooting. This includes cameras, aerosoles, and even lighterss. I helped to stream the audience into studio and assisted in placement. Generally the audience team knows if any of the contestants have friends or family in the audience and they place them at the front so the camers can get to them easily. I checked for logo's on clothing (for copyright infringement) and wardrobe problems including stripes which mess up the digital image and bright colours that are hard to light. Audience members are requested to wear dark clothing, so occasionally people show up in bright or striped or checked clothing and have to be placed in the back of the audience where they wont be filmed or asked to change or cover up. After the show goes to air the audience team leaves the studio. The holding area needs to be checked for trash etc and then they go back to the offices and start work there.






















While the show is on air Iwent through the audience request files and called some of the applicants for audience. I managed to placed 12 people in shows for the next month during the day. After the show finishes airing the audience is lead back to the holding area and either stays there until called back in for the next filming, or is released. This process with the studio is repeated three times a day.

I actually really enjoyed working with the audience team. They are a very lovely bunch very enthusiastic and helpful. they are all graduates who have come to the job through work placements, which is interesting. Endemol seems to use work placement as a method of extended interviewing. It obviously works extremely well, and everyone I met during the week loves working for the company, and hopes to hold onto their jobs for a good long while. I was skeptical about TV game shows as a possible source of work, but I can honestly say that I would enjoy working at Deal or no Deal myself!

Link:http://www.dealornodeal.co.uk

Link:http://www.endemoluk.com/?q=taxonomy/term/1&tid=1



1 comment:

Kim Brooke said...

2 x photos, 2 x links C&P (same) good desc.